Easy and Simple Holi Delicacies in 2021MrCake
Holi is celebrated to remove evil from us and to pray for a colorful life ahead. On Holi, everyone goes crazy by stocking colors with mere enthusiasm to splash colors on our relatives and friends.
But, the main important aspect of every Indian celebration is Food!
Delicious sweet delicacies are even prepared on holi with an amazing range of delicious food. Every region across India makes its Holi delicacies. Right from hot snacks to yummy desserts, Holi is a day celebrated in good food heaven!
So, let’s have a peek at a few delicious recipes for your Holi this 2021! The great part is that most of these recipes are just made within 30 min, so you just need very little time for cooking and enjoying your festival!
1. Baked Gujiyas
Khoya – 12 oz
Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon
Slivered Almonds – 2 tablespoons
Chopped Cashews – 2 tablespoons
Raw Unsalted Pistachio shelled – 2 tablespoons
Desiccated Coconut – 3 tablespoons
Sugar – 4 tablespoons
For sugar syrup:
Sugar – ½ Cup
Water – ¼ Cup
Slivered Almonds And Unsalted Pistachio – 2 Tablespoons
Pie Dough – 1 sheet frozen and Thawed overnight
- Microwave Khoya for 2 and 3 minutes for 30 seconds for making khoya manageable to crumble. Heat frypan at medium heat. Crumble khoya in your pan.
- Buy a wooden spatula, break and press down knots in small pieces. Do this process till khoya turns soft and like a soft dough.
- Take it out from the stove. You could also do this process by heating khoya for 3 to 5 minutes in a microwave for 1-minute by mixing in between until khoya turns soft.
- Mix in coconut powder, chopped nuts, cardamom powder. Stir this well and cool it for 5 minutes and add sugar. Your stuffing is ready.
- Place thawed pie crust within plastic wrap then roll to thin your dough.
- By utilizing a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut the circle to fill. Fill every circle with 2 teaspoons of filling, then seal them by squeezing the circle’s edges together.
- Place these over Parchment Paper upon the baking sheet. Bake these for 11-13 minutes at 400F degree in a preheated oven. Cool these 5-7 minutes.
- Now take a saucepan and add water and sugar and heat this mixture at medium heat. Consistency needs to thicken enough to smudge the spoon’s back for 5-6 minutes.
- Dip these Gujiyas in your sugar syrup, and coast well on every side. Drizzle crushed pistachios and keep over a wire-rack to settle.
2. Kalakand Recipe
Part-skimmed Ricotta Cheese – 15 Oz
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 Oz
Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
Milk Powder – ⅓ Cup
Ghee Plus More – 1 Teaspoon
Cardamom Powder – ½ Teaspoon
To Garnish Have chopped pistachios and almonds – 3 tablespoons
- In a huge skillet, mix sugar, ricotta cheese, milk powder, condensed milk, and stir this well at medium heat.
- Simmer this mixture and stir this every minute.
- Continuously simmer the mix for 10-12 minutes, till the ricotta mix is reduced to half.
- When this mix comes down as a fudge consistency, mix in cardamom powder and ghee again simmer and stir this for 2 minutes.
- Kalakand is prepared only if it stops gluing to your pan. Now keep your pan over a cool surface.
- You can chill this ox and cut it into pieces.
- For easy removal, grease and spray 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Now pour your kalakand mix and layer it evenly.
- Spread your kalakand mix by an offset spatula
- Decorate this by chopped nuts and gently press your nuts and freeze this for 4 hours, till it puts properly.
- By a knife, cut your kalakand to squares. Serve them.
3. Kulfi Ice Cream
Saffron – 1 Pinch ( Soak Your Saffrons In Warm Water)
Heavy Whipping Cream – 2 Cups
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 Oz
Crushed Cardamom Fresh – 1 Teaspoon
Rose Water – 2 Tablespoons
Chopped and assorted nuts – 1 cup
- Soak your saffron strands in hot water.
- Take a large bowl, mix in heavy cream and whip it with a hand mixer. Alternatively, utilize a stand mixer and whisk attachment to Whip your cream until it forms hard peaks.
- Now include a spoon of whipped cream in the condensed milk bowl and stir this to lighten your condensed milk. Now add the condensed milk to the whipped cream. Fold this gently by spatula to get a silky-smooth thickness.
- Mix in soaked saffron in the liquid, rose water, crushed cardamom, chopping of nuts in your bowl, and stir it well. Pour this mixture into a metal bowl or parchment-lined pan. Seal this mix by airtight and refrigerate this for 6-8 hours to set ice cream properly.
4. Colorful Cheesecake
Crusher Digestive Biscuits
Butter – 20 G
Cream Cheese – 250 G
Caster Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Gelatin Mixed In 25ml Simmering Water – 1.5 Tsp
Whipping Cream – 100 Ml
Vanilla – 1 Tsp
Edible Food gel ( pick colors as you desire)
- Take a saucepan and melt butter.
- Mix in biscuits and stir it until coated evenly.
- Line tin base with baking paper and layer your biscuits evenly by pressing them down so biscuit crumbs sit well.
- Freeze this by making your filling.
- Mix gelatin in the boiling water until it’s smooth and keep it aside for cooling
- Whip sugar and cheese and mix in gelatin and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whip your cream until it forms a soft peak.
- Fold the cream in your cream cheese mix.
- Separate batter in several bowls ( count of bowls based upon the colors you pick)
- Add a drop of food gel to every bowl.
- Add one colored layer in the tin which is set by the crumb and refrigerate this for ten minutes and set this before adding the next colored layer.
- Repeat the above step till your colors are poured.
- Freeze this before removing this from the tin.
Preparing sweet delicacies on holi can be a tremendous job as your home is filled with people you all need time for just stocking water guns and colors. Then visit Yummycake, a popular cake delivery service in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, and more. Yummy cake offers moist and freshly baked cakes in unique flavors, shapes, themes, sizes, and get your cake customized as you like for holi. So, gift special holi cakes to your special one even at midnight or within a few hours to give something sweet to your people even when you are away from them with free delivery services.